Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Still has back pain

Last night I checked Marshall's sugar at around midnight and it was 375.  So I called the nurse and she said to give him a little insulin and wait an hour and test his sugar again.  So I did and the sugar had only gone down to 335.  I called the nurse back and she said it was coming down so I shouldn't give him any more insulin but should wait till morning and check it again.

In the morning I looked at Marshall and he was standing up at the side of the bed.  And he didn't look all that steady.  I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Would you help me get these clothes off?"  I couldn't do that because the only thing he was really wearing was that big brace.  So he laid back down.  I went to get the diabetes tester and when I got back to the bedroom he was standing on the other side of the bed.  I have no idea how he got there without rolling across the bed.  Again he wanted me to help him get out of his clothes.  So I got him to lay back down again.

I checked his sugar and it was 74 so that was good.

When Gina got here I left to go to Walgreens to pick up some prescriptions.  When I got home, he was begging us to take that brace off.  He said it was suffocating him and he was in pain.  He said he couldn't breathe with that brace on.  So Gina and I discussed it and we decided to go ahead and take the brace off.  When Gina is here she will stay close to him to be sure he doesn't twist around and when Gina isn't here, I will be there watching him most of the time.

We couldn't get him to eat much today.  But when I took his sugar just now (8:45P), it was 562!!  He asked me when he was going home.  So I called the nurse again and she told me to give him some insulin.  She said a high sugar level can cause confusion.

So that's it for today.

2 comments:

  1. Pain like this really can be a burden, especially when it is on top of every other medical problem, it can't be ignored. Prescription drugs are one way to confront and alleviate the discomfort, but especially when it comes to something as pervasive and profoundly numbing as back pain other steps need to be taken. Chiropractic therapy is a complement to other practices.

    Mark Wallace @ Chiropractic Memphis

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read of the continued back pain. It is the worst as it is so commonly misdiagnosed and it seems there is no end to the agony once it starts. My stepfather is dealing with immense back pain and neither his family doctor nor the chiropractor can seem to figure out what is wrong.

    Michale Heim @ Burke Chiropractic

    ReplyDelete