Monday, July 20, 2015

Pretty quiet day

First of all, Gina and I have made up.  We are pretending like Saturday never happened.  Gina will be back tomorrow, but not 24/7.  She will just come in from 9:00 to 5:00 every day and then she'll go home and come back the next day.  That should give us each breathing room.

Today it was just Marshall and me.  Marshall is extremely agitated -- I've been told that is called terminal agitation -- and he can't stop moving.  The hospice nurse said to give him morphine for that so that's what I've been doing.  It doesn't seem to help much.

He spends hours lifting his arms up towards the ceiling and he stares at the ceiling as though someone is there.  It is very tempting to imagine that he is seeing angels, or even his mom and dad.  I get tired just watching him, I don't know how he has the strength to hold his arms up as long as he does.

He is still not talking.  This morning he tried to say something but it was unintelligible.  Darn it.  And today I couldn't get him to drink much water at all.

I hope he has a quieter night tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment