Loading...

Thursday, October 22, 2015

ChampVA

Update:  I called the VA to discuss my ChampVA health insurance.  The line was busy for about two hours and when I finally got through I was on hold for 30 minutes.  (Oh, Marshall, why didn't I realize how great it was that you made all these kinds of phone calls?)

My expectations were not very high but the guy I ended up talking to was very helpful and took a lot of time with me.  He found my paperwork (evidently it all gets scanned in when it is received so it is accessible to the VA but it isn't considered "filed" until it is processed) and he said that the VA was running about 4 months behind in processing paperwork but when he has someone on the line like me they can expedite things.  So he says he expedited my paperwork and that by Monday I should be in the system.

It will still take 21 days for me to get my pharmacy card.  He told me to call back if I don't get it.  But he found my first claim and said he was expediting that, too.  I will believe it when I see it, but I got the feeling that everything was being taken care of. Yay!

And I got to thinking tbat there MUST be a moving company in a state like Colorado that is capable of doing a mountain move.  I'm going to make a few more phone calls.  But not today.

This weekend I signed up for a yoga retreat.  I hope it is as calming and meditative as I want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment