Saturday, August 8, 2015

Yesterday my sister Linda and daughter Tricia and I drove from St. Louis to North Baltimore, Ohio and checked into our hotel. Marshall's daughter and grandkids arrived yesterday evening shortly after we did. We visited a bit and then went back to our rooms to get some sleep.

The memorial service today was awesome. It was everything you could want it to be. Marshall's sister Audrey did pretty much all of the planning for the service and she did an outstanding job. His grandson Brandon spoke and so did his great-great nephew Hank. Very moving. Then there was a 21-gun salute, the playing of Taps and the flag (and spent shells) being presented to me. Couldn't stop crying.

I was especially emotional to see a few of my friends walk in the door who traveled from Chicago to attend Marshall's memorial (Karen and Victor; Sue and Stas), as well as my cousin Amy and her hubby Roger who traveled from Indianapolis. It meant a lot.

Photos:
Getting ready for salute:


21 gun salute:


Presenting the flag to me:


Memory table:


Marshall's photo on the honor table:


Poster/photo of Marshall's motorcycle:


Sent from Marilyn's iPad


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment