Wednesday, August 5, 2015

I made it to Topeka...

It was a beautiful drive today and I enjoyed the quiet time, just me and my mind...  I made it to Topeka and am all settled in a Holiday Inn Express for the night.  Gina will be staying at the house watching my "boys."

I should get to Tricia's house in St. Louis by mid-afternoon tomorrow.  I gave in to temptation today and had a cup of coffee and I am suffering the consequences.  An A-fib episode that has lasted several hours now.  That's good, though, it reminds me to stay away from those triggers!

Before I left home I remembered that Marshall had two big poster-size photos of his beautiful motorcycle, one of just the motorcycle and one of Marshall on the motorcycle.  These posters were made for him by a professional military photographer down in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida.  They are quite special because this photographer contacted Marshall and said he had heard about the motorcycle and wanted to photograph it.  So he met us at our hotel and he took photos until his batteries died.  Then later that evening a messenger showed up with these two huge posters.  Marshall was so tickled with that and he just LOVED the photos.  He got them out and showed them to anyone who visited our home.  We always meant to get them framed but other things took precedence.

So I grabbed those posters when I left the house this morning and I stopped at a Michael's and got frames.  They will be great memorials to display at the service on Saturday.  I'll try to get a picture to post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment