Monday, August 10, 2015

Trying to get back to normal

Tricia and I spent the day marathon shopping, just like we used to do in those distant days before Marshall was diagnosed.  So it felt good to do something so normal and fun.  But I found myself constantly wanting to pick up the phone and call Marshall to tell him what we were doing and that was tough.  It's going to take me some time to really accept that he's gone.

I got a call today informing me that Marshall's body has now been cremated and the ashes are being sent to me.  So we will be able to plan a trip to West Virginia to scatter the ashes.  But first I need to get the headstone that the VA says they will provide so I guess that will take a while.

I thnk I'll stay here in St. Louis at Tricia's house for another day or two before heading back to Colorado.  (By the way, it is VERY hot here in St.Louis ... typical August.)  It feels so weird to be able to stay here in St. Louis and not have to hurry home to take care of Marshall.  It's going to take a while to get used to the fact that I no longer have any kind of schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment