Monday, December 7, 2015

More packing

Well, I packed 8 more boxes today and I still can't see much progress.  I have now packed 106 boxes. I actually know why I'm not seeing any progress -- it's because I've been emptying cabinets and drawers so of course that's not immediately obvious.

Still, it would do my motivation good to actually see a reduction in "stuff."

When I went up to the townhouse over the weekend I took Marshall's motorcycle vest and his favorite hat and I have them hanging in the closet so that Marshall is now up there with me, too.

Today I tried to make an appointment for a garage door opener company to meet me next week at the townhouse to get a garage door opener installed.  Well, the woman asked me so many foreign questions:  "Do you want Liftmaster or Genie?  Is your garage door 7 feet or 8 feet? Do you want chain or belt?  Do you want battery backup or not? Do you want an upgraded motor?"  My goodness, I sure miss Marshall.

I called a friend in Denver (Tony) and he's going to call the woman tomorrow and answer all the questions and then I can make the appointment.  Thank goodness.  Tony told me that shortly before Marshall died he talked to Tony and asked him to watch over me.  Boy, am I taking advantage of that promise!

My next purchase will be a washer/dryer and the choices are ENDLESS!  Marshall made it all look so effortless.  I feel like throwing a dart...

No comments:

Post a Comment