Sunday, June 14, 2015

Marshall still has too much pain

Yesterday and today Marshall has pretty much stayed in bed.  He got up a few times but the pain was too much for him.  He is taking the oxycodone every six hours as prescribed and it helps but doesn't really do the trick.  He hasn't been eating much because he says when he chews, the pain goes down his back and it's bad enough to make him cry.

Tomorrow I hope the acupuncturist returns my calls.  And I've also got a call in to our primary care physician to ask about fibromyalgia.  He's only in two days a week so trying to reach him is very frustrating.  Our CNA, Gina, has suggested that his urinary tract infection might be causing some pain, too.  He only has four more days of antibiotics.

I am now on eight days without an A-fib episode, which is wonderful, but since the medications I'm on control the heart rate, I'm wondering how that affects exercise.  If I get on the treadmill for 30 minutes and my body wants the heart rate to rise and yet it can't rise because it's being controlled, is that a good thing or a bad thing?  It's on my list of things to ask the doctor about.

No comments:

Post a Comment