Sunday, June 28, 2015

Lidocaine Ointment

Today I was looking through my arsenal of medications (we could open a pharmacy -- we have two kitchen cabinets filled top to bottom with drugs) and I came across two tubes of lidocaine ointment that had been prescribed for Marshall by the VA last year.  So we tried some of the ointment on his shoulder and he says it helped tremendously.  So I put some more on his shoulder this evening before bed.

He spent all day in bed and just didn't seem to be "with it" at all.  I believe the morphine may be dulling his senses which is okay, I guess, as long as we are controlling the pain.  I don't believe he got up at all today, which is bad.  The surgeon had said that he should at least stand up once an hour.  I should be insisting that he get up, but I just can't bring myself to wake him when he is resting really well.  But when Gina is here I'm pretty sure she gets him up.

I left a message for the surgeon today asking if Marshall could take the brace off for periods of time when he's in bed.  That thing is so uncomfortable for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment