Sunday, May 10, 2015

Springtime in the Rockies

This is what we woke up to this morning!


It is absolutely gorgeous. However, Marshall can't do any shoveling and while I did the best I could, I could only clear off a path down the ramp at the front of the house. Normally the snow in Colorado is like powder and you can sweep it off in a few moments. This is a wet snow and very heavy. Let's hope that (1) the sun comes out today -- which isn't looking good so far; and (2) that we don't need to get out for anything! But we need the moisture and it is definitely great to look at!

Marshall is still sleeping as I write this so he hasn't even seen it yet.

Yesterday we went out and about and had a really nice day until Marshall just fizzled out and we headed home. But we went to a grand opening of a business in town and then we went to Canon City and bought the new toilet. So that was a great day for us.

Now if we can just get our guy Ray over here to install the toilet for us. If not, my fellow animal rescue volunteer -- Glenn -- said he would do it.

I think we'll just build a fire today and look out at the beauty of Colorado.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment