Tuesday, April 28, 2015

We are in Denver

We left this morning around 11:30 only to find that the rear door of our Highlander for some reason wouldn't open automatically as usual, so it required brute force to do it manually.  And we have to be able to open that door to get Marshall's power chair out.  Gina and I messed with it for 15 minutes and then finally gave up.  I would just have to spend two days fighting with the door.

The trip to Denver was uneventful and we got to our hotel at 4:30.  For the past three years we have always stayed at the Springhill Suites which is directly across the street from the hospital -- it is oh-so-convenient.  But this time they were sold out so we are staying at the Residence Inn/Airport which is only 3 miles from the hospital.  I wish this had happened earlier in the game because the Residence Inn is so much better.  We are paying less money and we have a room with a full kitchen.  This would have been so nice when we were up here for Marshall's two weeks of radiation!  I guess tomorrow morning we will find out how easy it is to get to the hospital from here.

Also, on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, the Residence Inn has free dinner (today was hamburgers, veggie burgers and lots of side dishes), along with a free bar, from 6PM to 7:30PM.  So we had a very nice and fun dinner.

Marshall will have lab work done at 7:30AM tomorrow and then we see the nurse practitioner at 8:30AM to get all the results and see where he stands.  We should be back home by mid-afternoon.

My atrial fibrillation behaved beautifully all day while driving up here.  But when we got to the hotel, I had an episode that lasted about 4 hours.  It wasn't too bad, the heart rate stayed around 85 to 100bpm, but it is an awful sensation.  All in all, though, I still feel that taking magnesium has been a great help in lessening the episodes and when I do have episodes they are not as bad as they were.  (And only three more days wearing this heart monitor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment