Friday, December 19, 2014

Nurse/hospice care

Yesterday around 10:30 Marshall woke up and said he wanted a cheeseburger. So I went to town and got cheeseburgers for Marshall, me and Gina. He ate three or four bites (and a few bites of the cheesecake i got him) and he went back to sleep. He told me to wake him up at dinnertime and he would eat the rest of the cheeseburger and cheesecake.

I tried to get him up around 6:00 but he wasn't interested.

When I came to bed around 11:00, he had taken his CPAP mask off, as well as oxygen. I tried to put it back on and he wouldn't let me. We tried this little drill several times and he simply refused to have it on, so I let it go.

This morning he got up while I was still sleeping and i heard a loud thud. He had fallen in the bathroom. He landed on top of the cat's litterbox and broke it into many pieces. Marshall did not break any bones (thank goodness) and nothing was bleeding. But I couldn't get him up by myself.

So I called Gina and she rushed over and she immediately checked for injuries before attempting to get him up. Then the two of us got him back to bed and Gina took off to her other job. We tried to put the CPAP back on but he said no, he was going somewhere. I asked him where and he said he thought i was taking him somewhere. We eventually got the mask back on him.

Then he had diarrhea, so I got all of that all cleaned up. I put rugs on the bed for protection since everything else had to go into the wash. He was not able to urinate and he still isn't able to urinate. He is back in bed resting.

So I called hospice in order to get some nursing help. They are sending someone out today to do the paperwork and to evaluate Marshall and see what the needs will be

Stay tuned. This is breaking my heart.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment