Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Feeling really good

I don't want to jinx myself but today was another feel-good day.  I went shopping and then stopped at a Starbucks and had coffee and read a book.  No Afib episodes and I feel so good.  I get a little winded if I go up stairs but that is normal.

I got to thinking about Coco and I'm not sure I agree with this new vet that he is in pain.  He doesn't show any signs of pain and even when I touch that area he shows absolutely no signs of pain.  So I called his old vet down in Canon City and I'm going to make the 3-hour drive down there on Friday to have her look at Coco and give me a second opinion.  No need to put him on heavy duty drugs unless we are sure.

And while I'm down there I'll run by my house and make sure all is well.  Plus I still have a few things to pick up.

Now, under the category of "you just can't make this stuff up," when I was coming home from Starbucks today the car in front of me slammed on his brakes so I slammed on my brakes and stopped just in time.  However, the guy behind me didn't stop in time and he whammed into me and the car behind him slammed into him pushing him into my car a second time.  Thank goodness I had my seatbelt on.

So we all got out of our cars and my car had absolutely no damage whatsoever.  The other two guys weren't as lucky.  I guess my Highlander is made of strong stuff.  Thank God Coco wasn't with me.

Tomorrow I go for my next INR blood test.  And next Wednesday night I go to my first Grief Support Group meeting.



No comments:

Post a Comment