Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Another A-fib episode

Tonight I had another Atrial Fibrillation episode. It lasted about 2 hours and it's such an awful feeling. I'm trying to keep track of what I'm doing when the episodes happen so I can see if there are any identifiable triggers. Tonight's episode came when I bent over too fast to pick something up off the floor. The last one seemed to be triggered by drinking somethng hot. And the one before that -- the one that sent me to the hospital in an ambulance -- seemed to be caused by the stress of Marshall being in the emergency room. As time goes on we'll see if any of these things actually were triggers or if it was just coincidence.

The cardiologist I'm going to see next week is Dr. Janice Huang. I looked her up today and she is a Fellow at the University of Colorado Cardiology Department. I think being a Fellow is a pretty good thing, right?

Marshall spoke to the oncologist's office today about his issues with his leg and they told him to take Percocet for two days and see if that helped. They did not believe it was a side effect from the chemo pill. They suggested also that it is possible that the issues with his leg could relate back to the spine surgery and we may send a message to that surgeon as well to see what he thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment