Thursday, January 23, 2014

My new regimen

I now have THREE males in my house that require regular medications and they are all on different schedules.

Marshall's cancer medications are first thing in the morning when he gets up over the course of a two-hour period and then again in the evening. And he gets nausea pills as needed.

Marlee requires thyroid medicine, eye drops and arthritis meds in the morning and arthritis meds in the evening.

And now Coco needs ear meds and a pain pill first thing; then he gets a nausea pill mid-day; then a pain pill in the evening. In addition, he has to have 4 small meals a day (with the new low fat food) rather than the 2 a day he had before. And I have to be sure he goes out every three or four hours and I have to watch to be sure he pees to be sure there are no blockages, which would mean an emergency trip to the vet.

One bonus -- as of today, the cat and I are still quite healthy!!!  And another bonus: Marshall is enjoying life to the fullest.  His motorcycle has been accepted in the big bike show in Denver on February 1st and he is busily preparing for that.

Last night I sat at my computer and prepared a very detailed daily "road map" for myself with checkboxes so I wouldn't miss anything. I don't know how nurses do it.

Fred came up with some wonderful "words to live by" that apply no matter what your life situation is:

Love the people who treat you right.
Forget about the ones who don't.

If you get a chance, take it & if it changes your life, let it.

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would most likely be worth it.

ENJOY LIFE NOW - IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment