Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Linda leaves tomor

Linda stayed another few days but tomorrow she is definitely leaving.  It will feel weird having an empty house again.

She cooked up tons of food that is in the freezer to keep me going for several weeks.  She was incredibly busy and I am so grateful.  Plus we had fun shopping, going out to eat and watching movies.

Last night I was laying on the couch reading and all of a sudden -- without any warning -- my 17-pound cat dive bombed onto my chest and landed right smack dab on the pacemaker.  So the area around the pacemaker is pretty sore right now but it doesn't appear to have done any real damage.  I'll have to keep an eye on that cat!

I got a call from my real estate agent with feedback from the prospective buyers who have looked at the house so far.  It appears that they don't want to live so close to a neighbor who has several old trailers within their line of vision.  There is absolutely nothing I can do about that so I just have to hope that someone will come along who won't be turned off by that.

In planning for the scattering of Marshall's ashes in July, I went out and bought silk roses to put at the headstone:  3 orange roses representing passion (for the three years we were dating); 25 red roses representing love (for the 25 years we were married); and 1 white rose representing remembrance (for the one year he has been gone).  After we spread the ashes, I think it will all be so final.



No comments:

Post a Comment