Sunday, April 17, 2016

Saying Goodbye to Coco



Coco Mullins
1/21/2001 - 4/17/2016



Coco had a seizure at 4:30 this morning (that was so scary). I had him at the vet by 5:30. It would have been sooner except there was a lot of snow to deal with.

When we got there, the convulsions had ended but he was disoriented and it was very clear that it was time. The vet (Community Pet Hospital in Thornton) was wonderful and kept me and Coco calm. I am so grateful that this happened at a time when I could be the last person that Coco saw or smelled. He went to sleep with me holding him. Couldn't ask for more.

I am having surgery on Friday and my sister will be here. It would have been awful if this all happened under her watch and while I was in the hospital.

I am having him cremated and I will spread his ashes along with Marshall's in Ohio sometime this spring.

Now I'm back home and I can spend the day crying. Another chapter of my life is over with.

When I got home, my very sensitive and loving cat, Okie, demanded to be on my lap and he actually gave me kisses. Animals have a sixth sense, don't they?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment