Thursday, April 21, 2016

Gearing up for surgery

I'm trying to get myself mentally ready for this surgery -- can't wait till it's over.

My sister was driving here from Missouri and was due to get here last night (she was going to drive straight through, the whole 14 or 15 hours) but around 2AM she hit a deer at 75mph and it really did a number on her car.  She is all right, but the car isn't.  She said that was the second deer she hit - the first one was already dead but was on the highway.

Sooooo, since I am a great worrywart (she was so CALM), all I could think of was her stranded out on I-70 in the middle of Kansas. I got online and helped her find the nearest Chevrolet dealer to where she was so that she could start making calls at 8:30 this morning and she said she would just snooze in the car in the meantime (as if she had a choice).  She says she will probably have to rent a car (let's hope Enterprise's promise of bringing the car to you is a promise they keep) and leave her car somewhere to be fixed and we'll just drive back to Kansas next week to pick it up and return the rental car.  But it wasn't really possible to go back to sleep after that.

I am assuming she will be here in time for my hospital fun, but I am more interested in her being safe and doing what she needs to do.  Stay tuned for more of this soap opera.


No comments:

Post a Comment