Monday, April 25, 2016

Good news

The pacemaker rep was just here to run some tests on my pacemaker and in her words, "The numbers look great." She consulted with my doctor and they reset the pacing rate from 70bpm to 60bpm.

The only troubling thing was that because the pacemaker has had issues and has been working harder than it should have been the estimated battery life is still showing only 1-1/2 years. But as good as I feel right now (and now that this surgery is becoming routine for me [ha]) I'll take it!!

As I was typing this the rep came back in and said she called her tech guys with regard to the battery life and they said it is possible that the battery will adjust itself as it adjusts to the wire being back where it is supposed to be and we may see the battery life improve over time. But I am incredibly happy that the wire is attached properly and I feel great.

I should be going home today and I have to be VERY CAREFUL for the first two weeks. My left arm is in an immobilizing sling and Linda will make sure I don't overdo it.

So I am just waiting for the doctor to discharge me.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment