Today was a VERY long day. We had to get up at 5AM so that we could get the cancer drugs out of the way before we headed to the hospital. We got there at 7AM and Marshall had to spend an hour drinking the contrast liquid that was used for the CT scan. He had the CT scan at 8AM.
Then we headed down to the Nuclear Department (what an awful name) where he got the injection for the bone scan (this injection came in a lead container!!). Then we had to wait two hours so we had lunch. Then at 11:45 we went back and he had the bone scan.
Then we went to another location where he had more contrast injected and then had an MRI.
The CT scan technician said that Marshall needs to see his primary care physician this Friday to get his creatnine (sp?) checked to be sure the contrast is coming out of his system and he can't take one of his diabetes drugs until we get the okay. So I guess we'll have a doctor appointment on Friday.
We were both zonked by the time we got back to the hotel. We called our dogsitter and she tells us she had to shovel snow at our house this morning. Winter is here.
Tomorrow we go back home and wait till Sunday to come back up here for Monday's appointments. (At 10AM on Monday he sees a neurologist; then at 2:30 more lab work and then at 3:00 we see the oncologist to get the results of all the tests and see where we go from here.)
I canceled the trip to Chicago. The travel agent called United and they say they will refund my nonrefundable ticket if they get a letter from Marshall's doctor so that was good news.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad