Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Words To Live By (plagiarized from another blog)

Today's blog written by Dan Zenka of the Prostate Cancer Foundation has what he calls some "words to live by."  Marshall and I both can try to learn from this (I hope Mr. Zenka doesn't mind me stealing his blog entry and using it as my own):

From Karl N., a member of Prostate Cancer Men’s Support:
I think once you get over the denial of having PC Cancer…your mindset changes, and the cancer monkey materializes on your shoulder. Every little pain, every little twitch, every little difference…we immediately think it is cancer…
How do you jump this hurdle? My take is, I faced death and had self-speak over this so many times, that I realized… there is little or nothing I can do… to change or alter my life… So I drink my Kale (lol), eat a little healthier… and live for each new sunrise. I do not feed the MONKEY… and I rationalize my life… with so many people that I know or read about in the news dying, while I am still alive, and look at that act as my blessing for a happy life regardless of how long I live.So if the day comes, and my tests are not favorable, I will deal with the reality. But I cannot and will not be a deer in the headlights. Plus, even if the tests are really really bad, I am sure I will have enough time to satisfy whatever it is I need to do… before I am sprinkled over planet earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment