Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015

I thought sure I would be able to go see Marshall today but the weather intervened once again. I was able to get to town but it was very scary and no visibility so I turned around and came back home. Here is what our road looked like (gorgeous to look at, awful to drive in):



And here's what it looked like in town:



The weather is supposed to cooperate tomorrow so I should be able to get there.

Yesterday I spoke to Marshall and he told me that the physical therapist came in and worked with him and Marshall was able to walk (with his walker) all the way down to the nurses' station and back. That is just incredible when you compare it with the way he was just 4 or 5 weeks ago. Doing away with that drug Dilaudid was a good thing.

Today he was able to get in his power chair and go to the cafeteria for breakfast which he wasn't able to do before. He still has pain and he feels better pain-wise when he is laying down so he didn't go to the cafeteria for lunch or dinner, he just had it delivered.

He is improving daily. We just need to somehow get that pain under control, and the accompanying constipation.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment