Monday, January 5, 2015

Another family visit

Marshall's daughter and grandkids were scheduled to come in today for a 2-day visit. They are in Richmond and their flight was going to go from Richmond to Chicago to Colorado Springs.

Well, the flight out of Richmond left two hours late so they missed their connection in Chicago. United put them on an American flight (through Dallas/Ft Worth) but it, too, left late and as I write this I am waiting to hear from them, but they are definitely going to miss their connecting flight in Dallas. I just did a quick check and I don't come up with any other flights that will get them from Dallas to Colorado Springs this evening. Looks like they may have to spend the night in Dallas.

In the meantime, I've been with Marshall since this morning expecting to be at the airport to pick them up at 2:30. It is a shame that their visit is going to be cut so short and their travel is turning out to be so ugly.

I'm not positive, but I think two of the grandkids have never flown before. What an initiation!

Marshall had several physical therapy sessions today and he continues to do really well. It is still blowing my mind how bad he was doing just four weeks ago and how much he has improved. The pain on his left side disappeared a few days ago and he now has pain pretty much only on the right side in the back. It is a bad pain, but we are hoping it will die down like the other side did.

We have an appointment with the oncologist on January 15th to see what further cancer treatments are available.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment