Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sub zero temperatures

Marshall woke up feeling good again today -- well, actually, I woke him up, but still, he was feeling good!

I got up around 7:00 AM to feed the dogs and realized that we didn't have any running water, so I woke Marshall up! We checked our thermometer and the low last night was 14 below zero. So I ran into town and bought a bunch of bottles of water and some Purel and Baby Wipes.

While I was gone, Marshall reached a plumber and he actually showed up (that's kind of rare down here in Westcliffe). He was here for about 4 hours and spent a lot of time in the crawl space under the house. He tells us that the door to the crawl space was ripped off, not sure if an animal did it or if the heavy winds we've been having did it. So he thawed the pipes out, heat-wrapped some of them that weren't already wrapped, and he fixed the door to the crawl space.

When he left, the guy from Department of Wildlife showed up because of our call asking how to get rid of skunks in our garage. He checked it out and said the first thing we should do is dip rags in ammonia and spread the rags all thoughout the garage, leaving the side door open a little bit so the skunk(s) can escape. I will do that tomorrow.

If that doesn't work, he said we will need to trap them. I can't wait.

So it was a long and busy day and except for a little drop in his sugar levels, Marshall handled it all very well. Normalcy. Yay!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment