Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A quiet Monday & Tuesday, except for Coco

We went to the clinic yesterday and had the lab work done that the hospitalist ordered (we go back Thursday for the results) regarding the low white blood cell count. Then we ran a few errands and came home. Marshall was feeling a bit better but still lots of cramps from the colitis.

We got home and got settled and then let the dogs out. I saw Coco come back to the door to be let in and as I started to open the door I saw that he had an animal in his mouth. Turned out to be a RAT!!!!!! A very big rat! My sweet little loving baby Coco with a rat in his mouth. And he refused to drop it.

I got the heebie-jeebies and started yelling and poor Marshall had no idea what was going on. But as bad as he feels, he made it outside and convinced Coco to let go of the rat (which was dead, by the way) and Marshall disposed of the rat. Marshall said Coco meant the rat to be a gift for me. Ugh. I can't believe I almost let Coco back in the house with a very large rat in his mouth.

So I called Coco "Rat-Mouth" the rest of the day and there definitely weren't any kisses. Marshall says that's what a hound like Coco is supposed to do and I'm messing with his male psyche by not approving. EEEWWWWW!

Today he is still battling stomach cramps. We are going to ask the doctor Thursday about aloe vera juice


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment