Sunday, July 29, 2012

Marshall finally got to Ohio

Our internet was out again for almost two days, no idea why.  Probably another lightning strike.  I am so glad to have the Blackberry because at least I can still get email.

Marshall left for Ohio on Friday morning (he was flying to Detroit and then driving the rest of the way).  Well, Detroit had some very bad weather, so Marshall's flight was diverted to South Bend, Indiana, where they sat on the tarmac for over 4 hours and then they allowed everyone to leave the plane for another few hours and then they finally made it to Detroit.  He took the shuttle out to Budget very late at night only to find a line winding out of the building.  So it took an hour and a half to get the car.  He got to his sister's house after 2:00 in the morning.  A very long day.

Today is visitation and tomorrow is the funeral.  Marshall will probably come back on Thursday (I get an additional two days of "me" time) and we plan to spend the night in Denver and attend a small birthday gathering for my boss and friend, Fred.

Dr. Flaig called Friday morning to discuss the lab results since they came in after we left the hospital on Thursday (we were able to check the PSA online while we were in the car).  Dr. Flaig said that he is very pleased that the PSA stayed at 3.9 and is still under 4, but when we go back in six weeks, if it still hasn't moved, he thinks a bone scan is in order sooner rather than later so we can stay on top of it.

Our friend Bill is at our house today staining the deck that he made for us.   I walked up the hill a little bit and took a picture from a higher spot to show the deck, the garage, the greenhouse, our house (kind of), and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. And I was out there this morning with my tea and realized that the solar panels also act as a form of shade for the deck.  Bonus!  As soon as the deck dries, maybe by this evening, I can put the lawn furniture on it -- you can see I'm already bringing it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment