Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day

We learned something this weekend.  Marshall has a lot more energy than he thought he did.  I think it's probably just a matter of what he's doing.  :)

He left on the Harley on Friday (we went to breakfast first).  His first stop was to visit a friend in Pueblo.  Then he made a stop at the Harley dealer in Colorado Springs.  Then he ended up at our friends' (Jim and Char's) home in Golden and they were kind enough to let him make their home his Command Central for the weekend.

On Saturday he took a ride to scope out the location of both the artist who's going to paint the bike, as well as the location of the safe riding class he was taking on Sunday.  The artist wasn't home but he made an appointment to see him on Monday.

Then later in the day his nephew Kevin (and Kevin's fiance Angie) came over to Jim and Char's to visit for a while and Char was so gracious and cooked dinner.  She also took a picture of Marshall with Kevin & Angie to email to me and here it is:
On Sunday he was up nice and early and spent the entire day at the safe riding course, then back to Jim and Char's.  He hasn't been having this kind of sustained energy at home, so the Harley is definitely giving him energy and motivation! 

This morning he was going to spend some time with the artist and then head home.  He should be back mid-afternoon.  My thanks to Jim & Char for giving him such a nice weekend.  Every time I talked to him he didn't mention any pain or any hot flashes or any fatigue.

I also enjoyed my weekend.  It was nice and peaceful and I got a lot of things done that I've been ignoring.  I also puttered in the greenhouse and everything is still growing!!  If you look close you can see a strawberry ripening....



No comments:

Post a Comment