Friday, February 6, 2015

It just keeps on coming...

Marshall is now experiencing numbness and tingling in his legs from his knees to his toes. Dr. Gonzalez (VA Doctor) wants Marshall to see a neurologist and get an EMG to try to figure out the cause. I tried to get an appointment with the neurologist that Dr. Gonzalez suggested but they haven't returned my call. Based on the x-rays done yesterday the numbness could be caused by any number of things. But Marshall also has diabetes so diabetic neuropathy could be another cause. I guess we will have to wait till Monday to get an appointment and on Monday we will be on our way up to Denver for a week at the cancer center so that will be tricky.

Then for the past week or two I've been having some breathing difficulties and I have attributed it to anxiety (you think?) or maybe an allergy to the cats? But today I decided I should see a doctor (Renee, thanks so much for your input) and I went to the clinic here in town. While I was sitting there, my oxygen level bounced all over the place (88 to 96 to 98 to 87 to 89 to 95, etc.) and the doctor tended to agree with me that it was probably anxiety because it shouldn't be bouncing around like that. He ruled out allergy because he said my lungs were clear. But he said that a diagnosis of anxiety cannot be made until everything else is ruled out.

He did an EKG which turned out okay and blood pressure was fine. So until I can see a pulmonologist (not sure how that is spelled), he wants me on oxygen at night when I am at home at our altitude, so the oxygen people are on their way here to get me set up. Good grief....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment