Monday, June 25, 2012

Colorado Wildfires

It is still unbelievably hot down here in Westcliffe.  It's hard to function.  And Marshall's continuing fatigue is even worse in this heat.  But we've still managed to get out and do things.

The many fires going on in Colorado have made us revisit our exit plan in case we are ever faced with an evacuation order.  And with the lack of rain and everything being so dry it doesn't take much to start a fire. So we spent a bit of time on Sunday going over the steps we would take in case of a wildfire.

Today we bought a lovely china cabinet to use as our display case in our booth at the Marketplace Shops and we went over to the shop today to set the case up and get locks put on it.  Here's more photos -- it is a darling store and both Marshall and I are having fun.

My real job -- working with Fred Bartlit -- is still going well.  I keep my Blackberry with me and the Bluetooth in my ear and no matter where I am, I am able to receive work emails or phone calls and deal with them.  It is so perfect and gives me a sense of normalcy in this whole new life we are living now.

And on another note, we actually had a spinach salad tonight with spinach from our very own greenhouse.  It was a tiny salad, but we made a big deal out of it!

Front of the store

Marshall putting a lock on our case.

No comments:

Post a Comment