Sunday, July 27, 2014

Can't stop thinking of next trip to cancer center

Even though it's three weeks away, Marshall can't stop worrying about that next series of tests and scans.  The constant waiting game (waiting for medications, waiting for test results, waiting for the next PSA, etc.) is unnerving.  No matter how good things are going he is always waiting for the next trip to the cancer center.  Very hard to try to put that in the back of your mind.

But we had one diversion: we had to rush Coco back to the vet.  He woke up Friday morning very sick.  The vet thinks he is having a bad reaction to one of the medications they gave him (the one to open the airways), so we took him off of that one.  Now he is only on an antibiotic for the pneumonia.  He did well all weekend.  We go back Tuesday for another checkup.

And another great diversion:  Marshall is going to be interviewed for an article in a publication called "Guide to Metastatic Prostate Cancer." The interview is going to be Wednesday morning.  This is an excellent diversion for him because he is passionate about trying to advocate prostate cancer awareness.  And it is absolutely amazing how many men simply do not want to listen. On one occasion we went to the local Health Fair and he stood out front passing out flyers to the men as they entered the building.  Most of the men Marshall approached acted like that flyer was a hot potato as soon as they realized what the topic was.  I don't get it.  Anyway, I will report more on this interview and article as time goes on.

And last but not least, I killed a scorpion in the house this morning.  Me.  All by myself.  You have no idea what an accomplishment that is.  I usually scream for Marshall, but this morning I managed to kill it all by myself.  Of course, I couldn't bring myself to dispose of the body -- I waited till Marshall got up and he did it. (And, by the way, I did get the 50-lb bag of diatomaceous earth, I just haven't taken the time yet to spread it around yet.  This morning was a good motivator.)

Well, that's it for today.  Nothing much to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment