Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Off To Anschutz for Thursday's Biopsy

Yesterday (Tuesday), the day started out pretty good.  I had to go to Pueblo to pick up his Calodex that he is supposed to start taking right after the biopsy on Thursday.  I got to Walgreen's and for the second time, they didn't have it.  So I had a minor meltdown right there at the Walgreen's counter.  I called my daughter and she called the University for me and learned that they have a pharmacy and they carry the drug, so we will just pick it up when we get there.

Then I went to Parkview Hospital to try to get all of Marshall's radiological tests on a CD to take to Anschutz.  They've already got the written reports, but since we are happier when we are doing something proactive, we thought it couldn't hurt to have the actual tests.  I thought that might be difficult to get, but they had me fill out a form and gave me the CD on the spot.

While I was off in Pueblo, Marshall went to his appointment with Dr. Bliss at the local clinic in Westcliffe so he could get a relationship started with them for any small needs that don't require the 200-mile drive to Aurora.  Dr. Bliss will now be his primary physician.

When Marshall got back, he was exhausted and went to bed, slept until I woke him up at 10:00P to take his medications.

This morning he takes his first antibiotic in anticipation of the biopsy.  We are leaving shortly to drive up to Aurora, get a hotel and hopefully have a relaxing night.

No comments:

Post a Comment